Why should you care about generating leads from your website? Wouldn’t it be better to merely focus on getting your traffic to make a purchase? The answer is managing your web traffic is far more complicated than that. Over 70% of visitors abandoning your website will never return. Up to 85% of shoppers who add to cart DO NOT BUY on their first visit. In short, if you are not doing lead generation on your website then you are wasting 90% of your marketing spend and efforts.
Easy to Implement Lead Generation Tips & Tricks
1. Sidebar Plugin- Allow people who visit your site to subscribe to your newsletter via a sidebar plugin. You can add the pugin to your entire site (especially if it’s a content site) or only on the blog if you feel that’s appropriate.
2. Add the Bandwagon Effect- No one want to be the 1st one to signup for something. By adding a big number to your signup plugin, you give people the confidence they need to give their email address. You don’t even necessarily have to make it the number of subscribers signed up for your newsletter. Akismat does a nice job of highlighting the number of comments spammed to give you the confidence you need to download their plugin.
3. Add Thank You Pages- You can add a signup form after a user takes an action such as commenting on a blog, creating an account, etc.
4. Compare with Competition- Today, people are making educated buying decisions by comparing your service to that of your competitors. If you compare your service to that of your competitors and make yours look better, that is a strong incentive for people to sign up for your service. This practice also has the added benefit of being excellent for SEO.
6. Add Social Proof- By adding well known brands that use you, publications you have been featured in as well as recommendations on your site from customers, people will feel more confident in signing up for your service.
7. Utilize Hidden Real Estate- This includes everything as from lightboxes, floating footer bars and slide in effects which show up on the bottom of your post. Optin Monster is an excellent plugin that allows you to utilizes as well as A/B test all these features.