All of the elements of a website need to be able to work together, otherwise you have a buggy website that people don’t want to deal with. The same can be said about the content found on the website–if it doesn’t work together to help your business, why even bother with the content at all? This especially includes video players on your website. In order to be cohesive, why not put your website in your custom video player? If that sounds like silly talk, read on.
When you want to add a video player to your webisite, most of the media players out there are pretty straight forward: you play a video and probably share it with your friends and family. Otherwise, that’s about it. However, there are ways to make your media player entirely interactive, making it become part of your website as much as possible. What kind of interactivity?
- Be able to interact Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and others into your video player. Let viewers sign up for your newsletters directly and grow your subscriber list simply with a video.
- Want to put a Twitter feed into your video of live tweets from your professional account? No problem! Keep everything highly engaged with an in-stream Twitter feed in your player.
- A media player needs to be able to help your customers connect with you, and they can with a Skype app in it. Instead of relying solely on text chats or support tickets, let the customer actually talk to you.
- If you need to promote the location of a big event, be able to plop the coordinates from Google Maps right into your media player on your website and make them incredibly interactive video promotions!
- Want to have instant streaming between your Facebook and website for photos? It’s easier than it sounds, now.
All of this from a media player which also showcases highly customized editing tools for video! With anything to do with content and the Internet, a business needs to be able to analyze all of the data coming from it. A customized video player on your website can certainly help. Sure, YouTube provides analytics that are on the surface layer but be able to go further when you customize. On top of analytics, be able to place calls-to-action straight into your player and video.
Why is this all important for your website?
- Analytics help you find out who is being targeted and where you can improve your advertising and content marketing efforts. Video is just as important to know about as much as blogging, website metrics, and images. In fact, since video has become popular, analytics for video are becoming increasingly important.
- Calls-to-action might as well be required for any website, and having them integrated into your video is even better! Be able to capture more subscribers and leads with a CTA right in your media player that is easy to use and implement.
- Tweak any weak spots in your content and start to see some real results with your ROI, your subscribers list, and your overall brand recognition online.
It goes beyond just having a video player on your website that loops through the same video with no calls-to-action or any interactivity, being able to have a personalized and fully integrated media player can mean a world’s difference in engagement and reaction to your business. There’s a lot of competition out there on the Internet, be able to stay competitive with a completely cohesive website!
Do you use video on your website? If not, why not?