When you’re trying to do web marketing on a tight budget, you’re often forced to string together a lot of free or cheap tools. You’d like to have an integrated platform that isn’t obviously relying on other people’s tool sets, but you just don’t have the money to get that level of design.
Well, even if you’re on a budget, there are options out there if you look. For example, if you use a lot of videos on your website, it’s actually surprisingly easy and affordable to integrate a custom media player that “hides” the fact that all your videos are just hosted on YouTube and makes them seem more like an integral part of your website.
Even better, when you use a custom video player, you’ll also have the ability to more easily embedapps into your videos, further personalizing them.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the ways that a custom media player can help you!
The Benefits Of Using a Custom Media Player
- Personalized branding. Look, in advertising, we’re rarely subtle about dropping our names. You want your logo on everything you can possibly get it on, right? That’s how you tell people who you are. Good branding is doubly important in the digital realm, where it’s easy for unscrupulous souls to steal content and pass it off as their own. Just like in the cattle rustling days, branding protects you.
- Eliminate cross-branding. One of the “dead giveaways” that you’re using other people’s tools is that (here’s a shocker) their logos are all over their stuff. That cuts into your messaging time, and has your logo competing with their for brainspace. Having a custom video player helps cut down on this, and ensures that your brand is the one people are noticing.
- Make it fit your website. You want your website to feel like one integral, holistic extension of your company. The more that every element of your site feels like it’s part of a cohesive whole, the more it’s going to impress your visitors. A custom media player is exactly the sort of “small touch” that separates the big dogs from the wannabes.
- Enhance your UX. “User eXperience” is becoming an increasingly important concept in online marketing, especially with Google openly pushing usability as one of their key ranking factors. Anything you can do to streamline your website and to better integrate its various components will help your online marketing in the long run. A site that’s easy to use makes users happy, and helps your search rankings.
- Easily integrate plugins. While it’s certainly possible to use plugins without a custom media player, when you combine them with a customized player you enhance the overall experience. Once again, it’s all about making everything on your site seem like a deliberate addition. Having appropriate plugins, all color-coded and branded to match your site, translates into more positive impressions on your visitors.
When talking about custom media players, this all adds up to you being able to make more of your content truly yours, building your brand rather than giving ad space to other guys instead. You can create a website that’s better-designed and more seamless for visitors, while still making use of the free services on offer.
There’s no benefit to ignoring YouTube and Vimeo in your video marketing, since they’re such a key component of social media marketing. However, by using a custom media player, you can get virtually all the benefits of cloud media storage, without the drawbacks.
If you’ve seen any websites recently that had particularly well-integrated video players, let us know in the forums.