Video is everywhere. It is one of the great tools to communicate with your customers and provide support for other online communications. If you want to succeed online, you need to have a proper video marketing strategy. And, to prove that it’s not just a fad but a golden marketing opportunity, we’ve prepared a handy list of 23 tweetable video marketing facts for you.
Learn, click and share.
1. In November 2013, 189.2 million Americans watched 47.1 billion online videos with 26.8 billion total video ad views. Tweet This
2. The number of US digital video viewers will rise by more than 22 million in the next for years, reaching 204.6 million in 2017. Tweet This
3. Cisco predicts that by 2017 internet video traffic will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic worldwide. Tweet This
4. Digital video advertising took in $1.3 billion in revenue during the first six months of 2013. Tweet This
5. In 2013, advertisers around the world will spend about $5.60 billion just on YouTube. Tweet This
6. 94% of marketers use YouTube to distribute video while 87% share them to Facebook. Tweet This
7. Nearly 20% of the audience that starts watching a video clip will abandon it within the first 10 seconds. Tweet This
Source: Visible Measures
8. Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 and 60 seconds. Tweet This
Source: Jung Group
9. Professionally produced video optimized for ecommerce outperforms user-generated video by 30%. Tweet This
10. 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days. Tweet This
Source: Online Publishers
11. 1 in 2 consumers say that YouTube videos have influenced a purchase decision. Tweet This
Source: Walker Sands
12. About 57% of consumers said that product videos make them more confident in a purchase. Tweet This
13. Online retailer Bizchair saw 33% of online sales came from the 13% of site visitors who viewed video. Tweet This
14. A company found that shoppers were 144% more likely to add product to cart if they viewed videos on that page. Tweet This
Source: Internet Retailer
15. Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. Tweet This
16. Video SEO is 53 times more likely to produce a first-page search result than traditional techniques. Tweet This
Source: Search Engine Watch
17. Almost 93% of marketers are engaged in video marketing and communications. Tweet This
18. 70% of marketers are optimizing video for SEO purposes. Tweet This
19. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI. Tweet This
20. 82% of marketers say that video marketing has had a positive impact on their business or organization. Tweet This
21. One out of four marketers use video in email campaigns. Tweet This
22. 43% of marketers cite lack of available video content as their reason for not using video in email campaigns. Tweet This
23. 60% marketers believe that video in email campaigns improves conversions. Tweet This
If there’s one universal theme we can see from these stats, it’s that the important of video marketing will continue to grow for the forseeeable future.
What are you doing to optimize the ROI of your video strategies?